These chicken meatballs are healthy, tasty & so easy to make. A summer alternative to beef, pork or lamb, they are leaner and lighter but still packed with flavour. You can throw in pretty much any veg you like, but we went for aubergine because it's our favourite!
- 500g Chicken Mince
- 2tsp The Kebab Club Chicken Shish Marinade
- 1tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp Oil
- 1 Aubergine, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1tsp Tomato Puree
- 2 bay leaves
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- Handful of Parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken mince into a bowl with the chicken shish marinade & breadcrumbs. Mix with your hands to ensure that all of the marinade and breadcrumbs are evenly distributed. Split the mixture in half and then half again, roll each quarter into 3 balls. You should have 12 balls overall.
- Heat the oil up in a pan on a medium heat, place the meatballs in and cook for around 10mins until brown (turn half way through). Remove from the pan.
- Add the onions into the pan and sauté off until softened, once softened and golden brown add in the chopped aubergine. Allow to cook for around 10mins until soft. Add the tomato puree and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the meatballs back into the pan, along with the chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, chicken stock & salt & pepper, bring to the boil and then turn down and simmer. Leave to cook for around 30mins until the sauce has thickened. Mix through the chopped parsley and enjoy!!
- This dish is super versatile and could be served with potatoes, pasta or rice. Or just with some nice crusty bread!