This really is a show stopping sandwich! The juicy lamb is complemented perfectly by the double spicy hit from the our zesty chilli sauce and sharp pickled chillies.
Brushing the baguette and toasting it on the BBQ just adds a final herby smokiness that is to die for.
- 250g Diced Lamb Shoulder or Neck Fillet
- 2tsp Kebab Club Lamb Shish Marinade
- 2x 6"Baguettes (we use Giraffe/Tiger baguette)
- 2 tsp Kebab Club Chilli Sauce
- 1 small Red Onion, finely sliced
- 1/2tsp Sumac
- 6-8 Pickled Chilli Peppers
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1Tbsp Butter, melted
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2tsp Zaatar
- Fire up your BBQ until the coals have turned white (or preheat your grill).
- Mix the Lamb shish with the marinade in a bowl. Skewer each piece of lamb onto 2 long metal skewers and place on your BBQ, cook for about 10-15mins in total, turning half way.
- Meanwhile, Mix the sumac with the red onion together and put aside. Next, mix the melted butter, lemon zest and zaatar in a small bowl. When the lamb is nearly done, brush both sides of the baguettes with the butter mixture and place on the BBQ to crisp up slightly.
- Now, it's time to assemble. Slice the baguettes open, spread a tsp of chilli sauce in each, place the sliced tomatoes on next, then add the succulent lamb. Place the pickled chilli peppers along the baguette and finally, top with the sumac onions.
- Now, enjoy!!!