Serves 2, Only 15mins
This meat free burger went down a treat. Even the meat lovers were surprised at just how good it was! So why not try this alternative for a meat free mid week meal? It literally takes no time to make, minimum effort but maximum satisfaction!
The Kebab Club Chicken Shish Marinade added a tasty touch to the mushroom and the The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce gave it a lovely heat which contrasted with the sweet pepper. You wont regret trying this!
- 2 Brioche Burger Buns
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 2tsp The Kebab Club Chicken Shish Marinade
- 80g Halloumi (in 2 slices)
- 1/2 Sweet pointed pepper, open up half the pepper so its flat and cut in half width ways
- 2tbsp The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce (or hot if you like a bigger kick)
- Fire up your BBQ, if using coals then allow them enough time to settle. You could also use your oven grill if you'd prefer so get this preheated.
- Massage 1tsp The Kebab Club Chicken Shish Marinade into each of the mushrooms, make sure you really spread it well and work into the mushroom to release the oils and spices.
- Place the mushrooms, pepper pieces & halloumi onto your BBQ or grill and cook for approx 8mins turning everything half way. You want the mushroom to start releasing all those lovely juices, the skin on the pepper to get lightly charred and the halloumi to get golden brown.
- A few mins before the other ingredients are done, toast the bun on the BBQ. Once the bun has turned golden brown, use 1/2tbsp of The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce for each burger and spoon onto the bottom buns.
- Place the halloumi on first, followed by the mushroom and then the pepper, then drizzle the other 1/2tbsp onto top of each burger and top with your bun. Easy as that!!