Stew is not just for winter. The little hint of sweetness from the pomegranate molasses and slight zing of lemon juice can transports this dish to the summer. We usually serve this with either green beans & roast potatoes or with rice or even some fluffy bulgur wheat. You can easily substitute beef instead of lamb and it still tastes as good!
- 400g Diced Lamb (or beef)
- 2tsp (heaped), The Kebab Club Lamb Shish Marinade
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 large Aubergine, chopped into 1-1.5inch pieces (don't chop too small as it will disintegrate into the sauce)
- 1tsp Tomato Paste
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 250ml Lamb Stock (or beef, veg will be fine if you don't have them)
- 1/2 large bunch Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2tsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180c. Marinate the lamb in the lamb shish marinade. Add the Olive Oil to an oven proof casserole dish and heat on a medium heat. Add the chopped aubergine to the dish and fry off until the aubergine is browned and slightly softened (approx 5-10mins).
- Remove the aubergine from the pan and set aside. Add the marinated lamb to the hot pan and fry until browned (approx 5mins). Add the onion and continue to fry off until the onion begins to soften. Add the garlic and the cinnamon powder and cook for another 2mins.
- Then add the tomato paste and seasoning, stir through. Add the aubergine back into the pan and stir. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and then place the lid on and put in the oven for 1.5hrs (check half way through, add some more water if the sauce needs loosen up).
- Once the meat is tender and the sauce is thickened, stir in the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and parsley. Season to taste. Enjoy!