We can't describe how unbelievably good this was! I had a slow cooker sitting in the cupboard for ages which I never used and decided to cook this - what a winner it was!
This recipe will honestly please the whole entire family and you won't believe how good it is, especially as it takes so little hands on time.
- 1/2 Lamb Leg (you could also use shoulder)
- 2tsp The Kebab Club Lamb Shish Marinade
- 1tbsp (heaped) The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce
- 150ml Water
- 2 small Red Onions, finely sliced
- 230ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 100ml Water
- 30g Sugar
- 1tsp Salt
- Massage in The Kebab Club Lamb Shish Marinade into the lamb leg. Make some incisions so the marinade gets all the way into the meat. You can leave to marinate for a few hours or over night if you want to develop the flavour more.
- Place the lamb leg into the slow cooker (you could also cover it and put on a very low heat in the oven if you do not have a slow cooker). Mix the water and Turkish Chilli Sauce together and pour into the slow cooker with the lamb, place the lid on and leave to cook for 5 hours. You can turn it half way and make sure there is always some liquid in there.
- Next, prepare your pickled red onions. In a small pan add the vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Cook over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves and it begins to simmer. Place the onions inside a jar with a lid, pour over the pickling juice, screw on the lid and give it a good shake. Place in the fridge at least 2 hours or until ready to use. The onions should start to turn paler and pink.
- The lamb is ready when it is super tender and you can use a spoon to pull it apart. Remove the lamb from the slow cooker and pull it apart using either your hands or a fork and spoon (be careful not to do it when it is too hot). Place it onto a serving dish and pour some of the cooking juices left from the slow cooker to keep it nice and moist.
- When you are ready to serve, toast some brioche buns, add the pulled lamb, top with some pickled onions and a good helping of The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce. Enjoy!!