This rice recipe uses Turkish Baldo Rice which you can buy from an international supermarket. It is a shorter and more plump grain which has a creamier texture and flavour to normal long grain rice.
- 380g Turkish Baldo Rice
- 2 tbsp Orzo
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 400ml boiling Water (or veg stock for extra flavour)
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add in the orzo and fry until the orzo turns a dark golden brown.
- Add in the rice & salt and mix. Fry the rice off for a min or so and then add the boiling water and cover with a lid. Cook on a medium heat. Do not be tempted to stir the rice at any point. whilst boiling.
- The rice is cooked when all of the water has been absorbed and you start to see small holes appearing in the surface. Still do not mix the rice, but turn off the heat, cover with a tea towel and place the lid back on. Leave to sit for at least 15mins.
- After the rice has rested, use a fork and fluff up the rice, serve with your favourite kebab and a big dollop of yoghurt! Enjoy!