This salad is great next to anything really, not just a kebab! Make sure you use ripe & juicy tomatoes and a good quality extra virgin olive oil - for a recipe that's so simple it's really important to use good quality ingredients. We really don't like waste so we will switch in different herbs if that's what we have so don't be afraid to experiment a little bit as well!
- 2 Tomatoes (we use beef tomatoes or vine tomatoes mostly), diced
- 1 Red Onion, finely sliced
- Small bunch of Parsley approx 15-20g, finely chopped
- 5 Mint Leaves, finely sliced
- 2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Pomegranate Mollasses
- 1 1/2 tsp Sumac
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place the tomatoes, red onion, parsley and mint into a dish. We like to make sure the onions are nice and finely sliced but sometimes have the tomatoes finely diced and sometimes in chunkier pieces. Yuksel prefers them bigger and I prefer them smaller so it really is your preference.
- Add the oil, pomegranate mollasses, lemon, sumac and salt and give it a good mix to make sure everything is coated in the delicious salad dressing and serve! Literally that simple but so so delicious. Make sure you have some bread at hand for the end to mop up those left over juices!