Total cooking time: 2hrs
Prep time: 10mins
This roast chicken is so unbelievably juicy and will literally be falling off the bone! We usually serve it with bulgur, salad & yoghurt but you could add some potatoes to the pain just peeled & halved or have it alongside your favourite vegetables and roast potatoes!
- 1 whole chicken
- 3tsp The Kebab Club Chicken Marinade
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 1tbsp Tatli Pepper Paste (you can use tomato paste instead)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Red Onions, quartered
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes or 2 Vine Tomatoes (we just use whatever we have), halved if using Cherry and quartered in using Vine.
- Loosen the skin on the chicken use half of The Kebab Club Chicken Marinade and evenly push under the skin. Use the other half of the marinade and massage over the chicken. Leave to marinate, ideally for a few hours but if you are short on time then you can cook straight away but the longer you leave it the more the flavours can develop.
- Heat your oven to 160c, meanwhile in a jug mix together the chicken stock, tomato puree & bay leaves.
- Add the chicken to a roasting dish, along with the red onions and pour the stock mixture around the base of the pan, cover with foil and place in the preheated oven. Leave to cook for 1hr. Remove from the oven after 1hr and baste the chicken in plenty of juices, at this point also add the tomatoes to the pan and cover back over and cook for a further 30mins.
- After 30mins, turn your oven up to 200c and baste the chicken again, this time remove the foil so the skin can get nice and crispy. Cook for a further 30mins until crispy and succulent!
- Give the chicken one last baste when you remove from the oven and serve!