This is a heartwarming & super easy one pan dish (we use a foil roasting dish so there is zero washing up!). Although this dish does not typically have aubergine we have included it in ours for an extra portion of veg! We serve this with a salad for a contrast of freshness & rice and yoghurt if we are feeling indulgent (which is most of the time!).
- 600g Lamb Mince (can also use beef if you prefer)
- 2.5tsp Kebab Club Lamb Shish Mariande
- 5- 6 large potatoes (ideally Cyprus Potatoes), peeled & halved
- 1 Aubergine, chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 Red Onions, quartered
- 2 Tomatoes, quartered
- 300ml Stock
- 1tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1.5tbsp Olive Oil
- Put the lamb mince into a bowl and massage in the Kebab Club lamb marinade until mixed all the way through. Leave to marinate for a couple of hours if you have time.
- Divide the mince into 4 and then 4 again, roll each piece into a smooth ball. Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the potatoes, aubergine, tomatoes, onions & bay leaves in a roasting tin, evenly place the meatballs on top. Mix the stock & tomato paste together and pour into the roasting tin. Drizzle the oil over the top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1hr. After 30mins (or once the meatballs brown on top) take out of the oven and turn the meatballs over. You should still have juices and stock in the pan, if it has dried out then add some more stock. If the meatballs begin to get too brown then cover with foil.
- Once the potatoes are soft & fluffy, the meatballs are browned and the tomatoes, aubergine and onion have charred at the edges then it is ready to enjoy! Serve with a fresh zesty salad for something light or with rice and yoghurt for a more substantial meal.