Serves 2 - 3
This Tomato & Feta salad is our Turkish take on a Caprese Salad. This is so simple, so using quality ingredients is key. Make sure you buy ripe and juicy tomatoes, good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil and we used an oak aged feta.
This is great next to pretty much any kebab, but we enjoy it most next to simple chicken shish marinated in The Kebab Club Chicken Shish Marinade for a light and healthy dinner.
- 2 ripe tomatoes (we like large plum or beef tomatoes), sliced into 1.5cm pieces
- 110g Feta Cheese, sliced into 2cm pieces
- 10g basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1tsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 1/2tsp Sumac
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Place the sliced tomato and feta into a shallow bowl or plate. Alternate a piece of tomato to a piece of feta.
- Sprinkle the salt over the pieces of tomato, scatter the basil evenly across the plate. Grate the lemon zest across the tomato and feta and sprinkle the sumac. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and pomegranate molasses.
- Serve with your favourite kebab!