Coleslaw isn't strictly a Turkish thing but it goes so well with a kebab that it might as well be!
This recipe is sweet and sharp all at the same time with the addition of apple, vinegar and currents.
Perfect with a chicken shish using our Chicken Shish Marinade or with a burger. It's also adds lovely coolness to a meal if like us you love loads of our Hot Turkish Chilli Sauce!
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Red Cabbage
- 1 Apple (we always use Pink Lady Apples)
- 1 Red Onion
- 30g Walnut halves
- 30g Currants or Sultanas
- 1tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Grate the carrot, cabbage and apple and place in a large bowl. Finely slice the onions (as thin as possible) and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the walnut halves and add to the bowl, along with the currants and salt.
- Add in the vinegar and mayonnaise and give it a good mix until everything is combined.
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!