This the perfect weekend brunch. Oozing egg yolks with a little punch of heat and topped with crumbled feta.
What better way to start a lazy Sunday?
- 4 Eggs
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Green Carliston Pepper, finely sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped into fairly small pieces
- 1tbsp Turkish Chilli Sauce
- 50g Feta
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Pepper
- 10g Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a pan and heat over a low/medium heat. Add the sliced pepper and fry on a low/medium heat for around 8mins, you want the pepper to get nice and soft and slightly browned. Give it a stir every so often.
- Add the tomatoes and half the salt to the pan and continue to cook for another 5-8 mins until the tomatoes have broken down and are soft.
- Turn up to a medium heat and add the Turkish Chilli Sauce and pepper and mix it through for 1min. Break the eggs into the pan, now you can leave the eggs whole or you can scramble them in. We mostly scramble them in but if you love a runny yolk then leave them.
- If you leave them whole then get a lid or plate which is bigger than the frying pan and place over for 1 min to help the eggs cook and sprinkle the remaining salt over the yolks. If you are scrambling them in then continually mix and take on and off the heat until they are light and fluffy.
- Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and crumble over the feta. Serve with some toast or corek and a few olives on the side. Enjoy!