This pasta recipe is great for a quick but tasty mid week dinner! This is a vegetarian recipe but you could start my frying off some bacon or chopped up sausage if you want to add some protein in. This is also a leaner version of the pasta, if we're feeling indulgent we use mascarpone instead of creme fraiche.
- 200g pasta, we used Casarecce
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 150g Mushrooms, chopped into bitesize pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1tbsp The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce (more if you like it hotter or use Hot Turkish Chilli Sauce)
- 2tbsp Creme Fraiche or low fat Creme Fraiche
- 10 basil leaves, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil on a medium heat, add in the garlic and fry off for 1 min, then add in the mushrooms and saute until softened. Add in the diced tomatoes and a pinch of salt, and cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to break down. Meanwhile put the pasta to boil.
- Add in the chilli sauce and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Then stir in the creme fraiche and cook until the pasta is al dente. Add the pasta to the pan, along with a little of the pasta water, add in the basil and season. Give it a good stir, dish up and enjoy!