Spice up your sausage rolls this Christmas! We were really craving a warm & crispy sausage roll and had a sudden brain wave. Why not try out a lamb sausage roll made with our Lamb Shish Marinade and Turkish Chilli Sauce. (I actually made 24 and did some with the regular Turkish Chilli Sauce, some with Hot Turkish Chilli Sauce and a few plain for the kids.). They went down a treat!
I used shop bought, ready rolled puff pastry to make it quicker and easier but you could do it all from scratch and make the puff pastry yourself.
Head over to our instagram page @thekebabclub to see a video of the cooking process.
- 1 pack of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 400g Lamb Mince
- 3tsp The Kebab Club Lamb Shish Marinade
- 6tsp The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Heat your oven to 210c. Start by placing the lamb mince into a large bowl, add the 3tsp of Lamb Shish Marinade and give it a good massage in with your hands so that the marinade is all evenly mixed into the mince.
- You then need to divide the lamb into 12 individual mini sausages. I divide the lamb mince into 3 large balls and then divide each one of those into 4. Set them to the side.
- Unroll the puff pastry on the parchment paper it will be wrapped in. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry sheet length ways. Then slice vertically down the middle and cut each quarter into 3.
- Spoon 1/2tsp of Turkish Chilli Sauce into the middle of each piece of pastry (or Hot if you like a bigger kick). Then 1 lamb sausage that you rolled early on to each piece, leaving about 1/2inch at the top.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and gently whisk then brush a small amount of egg wash along the top 1.5cm and bottom 1.5cm of each piece of pastry. Now you are ready to roll!
- Place some baking paper onto a baking tray.
- Gently roll each piece of pastry around the lamb mince, you may have some slight leakage from the chilli sauce but that's fine! Once it is rolled, gently squeeze and pinch the ends to close them up, then place on the lined baking tray.
- Once you have rolled all 12, take a sharp knife and create 1 or 2 small slits on the top of each sausage roll. Then lightly brush with the remaining egg wash.
- Place into the hot oven for approx 15mins until they are beautifully golden and crispy! These are best enjoyed warm so if you are baking them ahead of visitors or an event then take them out slightly early and reheat them just before you are going to eat them.