Every single element of this burger just works! It is so simple to make yet so satisfying. We combined a traditional chicken shish kebab but constructed it in burger form - you need to try it! We cooked the chicken on the BBQ but you don't have to. You could pan fry or grill instead or even use an airfryer if you have one.
For the burger
- 2 Chicken Breasts, butterflied so you have more surface area to massage the marinade into.
- 2tsp The Kebab Club Chicken Shish Marinade
- 2 Seeded Brioche Burger Buns - these are our favourites (https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/308091765)
- 2tbsp The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce (or hot if you prefer!)
For the salad
- 1/4 Red Cabbage, finely sliced (use a grater if you find it easier)
- 1 large Tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 Red Onion, finely sliced
- 20g Parsley, chopped
- 2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tsp Pomegranate Mollasses
- 1tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1/2tsp Black pepper
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the Chicken Shish Marinade. Make sure you really massage and work it in to ensure the marinade is evenly spread over all of the chicken. If you are going to barbecue then light it now so the coals settle.
- Now add all of the dressing ingredients to a mixing jug and give it a good stir. Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and pour over the dressing. Give it a good mix so all of the ingredients are coated in that delicious dressing. Put to the side (I like to add the dressing on now so it slightly softens the cabbage).
- Cook the chicken breasts on the barbecue or in a pan over a medium heat. (If you are frying then add 1tsp Olive Oil.) Toast the buns and get ready to assemble.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place 1/2tbsp Turkish Chilli Sauce onto the bottom and 1/2tbsp onto the top bun. Place the chicken on and top with a large spoonful of the salad, sandwich on the top bun and enjoy!