Serves 4 as a side
This vegetarian dish is the perfect mid-week meal if you fancy something lighter or great as a side dish. We love roasted cauliflower with a Sunday dinner but this recipe is a light and summery take on our traditional recipe.
- 1 cauliflower, outer leaves pulled off
- 1 1/2 tsp Chicken Shish Marinade
- 1 1/2 tsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 Spring Mint, chopped
- 1/2 Lemon juice & zest
- 1/2 Tomato, fleshy centre removed and finely diced
- Salt & pepper
- Fill a large sauce pan with salted water and bring to the boil. Place the whole cauliflower into the pan and boil for 6-8mins until head has slightly softened but still firm. (This step will keep the cauliflower moist in the oven.
- Place the cauliflower in a colander head side down and allow any excess water to drain out for 15-30mins. Meanwhile, pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Once drained, place the cauliflower into a roasting dish and massage the Chicken Shish Marinade. Evenly place blobs of the butter over the cauliflower head, season with salt & pepper and put in the oven to roast for 30-40mins or until the cauliflower has become nice and golden & crisp.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare your salsa. Place the Chilli Sauce, chopped mint, finely diced tomato & lemon juice & zest into a small bowl and mix.
- Once your cauliflower is golden & crisp, lift out of the oven and serve on a bed of rocket leaves and drizzle with your salsa.