Crispy roast chicken, spicy pasta and lots of halloumi, what's not to love? The minty halloumi adds a lovely freshness to this dish, don't be sceptical about the mint, it really heightens the dish! We slow cooked this chicken to make sure the meat was lovely and succulent and then turned up the heat for the last 20mins to get the skin nice and crispy. We promise that this will be a family favourite and make it on your weekly menu!
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Butter
- 1tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 150ml Water
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 400g Bucatini pasta
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 2tbsp The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce
- 70g Halloumi, grated
- 1.5tsp Dried Mint
- Preheat your oven to 160c. Mix the oregano, salt, pepper and garlic into the 2tbsp of the olive oil. Place the chicken into a large roasting dish and put the butter under the chicken skin. Pour the olive oil mixture all over the chicken. Pour the water in the bottom of the roasting dish and cover with foil (do not wrap it too tightly). Place in the oven for 2hrs.
- After 1.5hrs Add the remaining 1tbsp olive oil to a small saucepan and fry off the onions over a medium heat until they are soft. Add the Turkish Chilli Sauce and the chopped tomatoes and mix. Reduce the heat to low and leave to cook for 15mins.
- Place the halloumi into a bowl and mix in the dried mint and leave to the side.
- After 2hrs, remove the foil from the chicken and baste the chicken with the juices in the pan. Turn the oven up to 200c and place the chicken back in un covered for 20mins.
- Add the bucatini to a large sauce pan filled with boiling water and boil for 10mins or until the pasta is al dente. Once cooked drain out the water and add the sauce to the pasta pan. Give it a good mix.
- Now it's time to plate up. Remove the chicken from the oven once the skin is nice and crispy. Add the pasta to a dish and top with some of the grated halloumi, then add the chicken and then finish with a bit more halloumi. Enjoy!!
If you have an amazing recipe using our products and want it to be featured on our website then please email us your recipe and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on instagram or Facebook.