The Kebab Club take on a steak and chips dinner. Perfect for a Friday night in! We always use Cyprus potatoes for our chips because they are simply the best. They have a lovely distinct rich and buttery flavour due to the red soil that they are grown in and get perfectly crispy and golden on the outside but stay fluffy on the inside. We served this with a very herby salad to add a freshness to the rich lamb and it worked perfectly, you can always switch in herbs of your preference with any of our salads. Of course it wouldn't be complete without some Turkish Chilli Sauce and Turkish Garlic Sauce for dipping the chips in!
- 2 Lamb Legs Steaks
- 2tsp Lamb Shish Marinade
- 600g Cyprus Potatoes, peeled
- 1.5tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tsp Dried Thyme
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Turkish Chilli Sauce (or Hot if you prefer heat)
- 1tbsp Turkish Garlic Sauce
For the salad
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Tomato, halved and sliced
- 2 Salad Onions, sliced
- 1/2 Pointed Red Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 bunch Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Coriander, chopped
- 15 Mint leaves, Chopped
- 1.5tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1tsp Pomegranate Mollasses
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Sumac
- Preheat your oven to 190c. Wash the peeled Cyprus potatoes and then cut in half length ways. Depending on the size of the potato slice them length ways into 1.5-2cm pieces - chip size. Try to keep them an even size but this will obviously depend on the size of the potatoes. Put the potatoes into a large bowl and add the olive oil and dried time and give them a good mix (do not add the salt, we will add this once they are cooked).
- Place baking paper on to a large tray and put the chips onto the baking sheet making sure they have space and are not piled on top of each other. Put into the preheated oven and cook for 40-45mins.
- Whilst the chips are cooking massage the Kebab Club Lamb Shish Marinade into the lamb leg steaks, make sure you massage well to evenly distribute the marinade over the whole steak, leave to marinate whilst you prepare the salad.
- Place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl, add the dressing and give it a really good mix. Place in the fridge until needed.
- After 20mins, remove the chips from the oven and flip them over to make sure they get an even brownness.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat (if your pan is not non stick then you may need to add a little oil). Place the lamb steaks into the pan and cook for around 7mins each side, a little less/more depending on how cooked you like your meat. Remove from the pan and leave to rest.
- Remove the chips from the oven. Place some kitchen roll in a large bowl and put the chips in, add the salt and toss the chips until they are coated. Plate up with the salad and add a the Turkish Chilli Sauce and Turkish Garlic Sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy!