This recipe is for using up your left over roast chicken and veg from a Sunday roast. It keeps well in the fridge for a healthy but warming winter mid week lunch.
- Left over Roast Chicken, we used 1 leg and 1 breast which was marinated in our Chicken Shish Marinade (see One Pan Roast Recipe)
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1.5 Carrots, halved lengths ways and then chopped into 0.5cm pieces
- 1/2 White cabbage, sliced
- 900ml Chicken Stock
- 1tsp Salt
- 1.5tsp White pepper
- Pitta Bread
- Your favourite pickled veg (we love chillies, gherkins and cabbage)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat, add the onion and sauté for a few mins until softened.
- Add the carrots and cabbage to the pan, along with the salt and white pepper and cook for another 8mins. Meanwhile, shred the chicken up into bitesize pieces.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring to the boil, add the shredded chicken and then reduce to a simmer. Leave to simmer for 30mins.
- Once the veg has softened but the carrots still have a slight bite, turn off the heat. Taste and season with any more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve in a bowl with a toasted pitta bread and pickles. Enjoy!
If you have an amazing recipe using our products and want it to be featured on our website then please email us your recipe and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on instagram or Facebook.