This wrap comes in at under 600kcals and a big 42.4g protein! So it is a perfect dinner if you're trying to be good but also if you're short on time. The sumac onions and tomato salad pair perfectly, adding a lovely herby freshness and a hint of sweetness to the beef. We also made extra and had it for the lunch the next day, just keep the salads and beef in separate tupperware in the fridge and assemble for lunch in the week. But be careful and come armed with napkins as its so juicy that it will be dripping down your hands!!
- 250g Lean Beef Mince
- 3tsp The Kebab Club Kofte Dry Rub
- 1tsp Olive Oil
- 2 good quality wraps - we used these Crosta & Mollica flatbreads
- 1tbsp Turkish Chilli Sauce (or Hot if you prefer heat)
For the salads
- 2 Small Red Onions, finely sliced
- 15g Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1tsp Sumac
- 1tsp Pomegranate Mollasses
- 1tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 20g Coriander (or Parsley if you prefer), finely chopped
- 1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Salt
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the minced beef, using a wooden spoon or spatula break up the minced meat so it is nice and fine and in individual pieces and not in big chunks.
- Once the minced meat has started to brown, add the Kofte Dry Rub and mix in. Cook for a further 10mins over a medium heat until the beef is cooked. it should not be crispy or burnt so turn the heat down if needed.
- While the beef is cooking, prepare your salads. In one bowl add the onions and parsley, along with the dressing and give it a good mix. Then in a second bowl add the tomatoes and coriander along with the dressing and give it a good mix.
- Once the beef is cooked, remove and place in a bowl. Then add the wraps, one at a time for 30secs-1min each side to warm through. Place everything in the middle of the table along with our Turkish Chilli Sauce and build your wraps. Enjoy!
You could also add some Turkish Garlic Sauce for a little coolness as well or if you're not a fan of heat.