This Spatchcock Chicken is the perfect addition to a BBQ. Slow roasting the chicken first keeps the meat succulent and juicy, and then a hit of flames gives a delicious smoky and crispy skin! Search our blog and find simple salad, rice, bulgur or potatoes to serve next to it and of course our Kebab Club Chilli Sauce for an added kick!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1tbsp Kebab Club Chicken Shish Marinade
- 1tbsp Full fat yoghurt
- In a bowl, mix together the marinade & yoghurt until completely combined.
- Prepare your chicken. Turn the chicken on its front, with a pair of scissors cut along either side of the spine and remove. Turn the chicken over and splay the chicken out, take 2 metal skewers, pierce one diagonally through the thigh, through the breast and the opposite wing. Repeat again with the other skewer on the other side.
- With your hand or a sharp flat knife, gently pull away the skin from the breast. Take a tsp of marinade mixture and push under the skin, squeezing it down right to the end. Massage the remaining marinade over the rest of the chicken.
- Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or over night.
- Heat the oven to 150c. Once marinated, place the chicken in a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 1hr. Baste the chicken with it's juices half way through.
- Prepare your BBQ and wait for the coals to turn white and the flames to die down. Place the chicken skin side down on the BBQ and cook for around 10mins until the skin is bubbling & crispy.