This Beef & Pea One Pot Rice is perfect for a mid week family meal for when you don't have much time but want something really tasty. It is quick to make with very little hands on time but still super filling and warming in your belly. We serve it simply with creamy strained yoghurt.
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 400g Beef Mince
- 2.5tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2tbsp The Kebab Club Turkish Chilli Sauce (omit if you do not like heat but it is only a slight warmth)
- 4tsp The Kebab Club Kofte Dry Rub
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 200g Frozen Peas
- 350g Basmati Rice
- 600ml Water
- 1.5tsp Salt
- 1tsp Pepper
- Creamy yoghurt to serve
- Handful Parsley or Basil, chopped
- In a deep frying pan add the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is soft but not dark or burnt.
- Add the minced beef and break it up with a spatular, do not let it cook too much. Add the Kofte Dry Rub, tomato puree, bay leaves and garlic and mix it into the minced beef.
- Add the frozen peas and the salt and pepper (it may seem like a lot but you are seasoning all of the rice), then add the rice.
- Stir all of the ingredients together so they are mixed and then add the water. Put on the lid and lower the hob to a low heat and gently cook for around 30mins. Give the rice mix half way through. The rice should start to feel tender (add a little more water if needed).
- Once the rice is fluffy, cover with a tea towel and leave to sit for 10-15mins.
- Serve with a big dollop of creamy yoghurt and sprinkle with your herb of choice. Enjoy!
If you have an amazing recipe using our products and want it to be featured on our website then please email us your recipe and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on instagram or Facebook.